Monday, March 23, 2009

1-20-2009

I don't think that I will ever forget the looks on the faces of my students as we all watched the inauguration of President Obama. We all witnessed history ,no matter what the differences of family backgrounds, religions, political affiliations and race. The commonality was "Change has happened and things would never be the same."

As a class , we discussed how the economy was not any one person's fault and surely not one person was going to be able to fix it. We discussed political time lines and civil time lines and people who have made a difference because they did not back down from challenges, and that it was the support of all who put these people's names in our social studies and reading books.

I want my students to know that they too, can make history, they just DID!

No comments:

Who Am I?

My photo
I won't define myself as to what I am to others but rather: what I am to myself. I most enjoy my role as a mommy to a 16 year old daughter. BUT I am much more than a mother. I am a human being still searching for so many other things, that life has to offer. I don't want to define my destiny, for God has already done that for me. I will strive hard to never give up on my dreams and or goals. Someday, I would love to travel the world and write novels. My hobbies are boxers, gardening, traveling, reading, consulting, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, and enjoying the company of true friends on a beach.