Ok, so it has been a year, since my last blog! Ummm…I have been teaching. As usual, I tried to keep myself busy this summer by continuing with my lifelong learning. I took a class. Boy was I disappointed. I don’t mind doing the work or even attending class, but I do mind spending my time, time that I could just be relaxing, it wasn’t mandatory, feeling uncomfortable in the environment.
So many outside factors played their role in my feeling this way. This has been a tortuous hot summer, the room was extremely cold, I just could not get with the program and lastly my goals did not match up with the goals and objectives of the class.
SO, what did I do? I stuck with the class= perseverance is EVERYTHING! I can’t say that I did not learn anything because I did.
1. I need to hone up on some technology skills. Education is quickly going to globally technology and those teachers who are not with the program will be lost.
2. I will definitely utilize some of the best practices and skills for teaching children to write that I learned from the class in my classroom this year.
As always, I promise that I will try to blog more and reflect on my feelings. Until the next time
I invite you to share in my heartfelt reflections as a life long learner in the 21st Century world of technology.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who Am I?
- L
- I won't define myself as to what I am to others but rather: what I am to myself. I most enjoy my role as a mommy to a 16 year old daughter. BUT I am much more than a mother. I am a human being still searching for so many other things, that life has to offer. I don't want to define my destiny, for God has already done that for me. I will strive hard to never give up on my dreams and or goals. Someday, I would love to travel the world and write novels. My hobbies are boxers, gardening, traveling, reading, consulting, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, and enjoying the company of true friends on a beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment